http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My client is a technology-driven firm & currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer. The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Designer and collaborate with design/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about innovation.
Design Engineer responsibilities:
* Use specialised software to create models and drawings of products
* Research new materials and methods of development
* Organize and maintain existing engineering records
* Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team
* Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes
* Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
* Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
* 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design
* In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software
* Knowledge of SolidWorks PDM (Checking in & out of Vaults)
* Knowledge of bearings & liner slide assemblies.
* Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
* Understanding of current cutting tool technology
* Impeccable attention to detail
* Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
If you are interested in the role, please apply now.