https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Key Responsibilities for the Design engineer:
- Produce scheme drawings and layouts for evaluation against customer specifications.
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Evaluate designs through cost effectiveness and ease of manufacture.
- Work closely with other team members in other departments.
Key skills required for the Design Engineer:
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor (or similar e.g. Solidworks)
- Proven experience of production of manufacturing drawings.
- CAD CAM programming of a plasma cutter.
- A good understanding of metal fabrication.
- Excellent communication skills – being able to build relationships with work colleagues and customers.
- Motivated, positive and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Experience Using Microsoft Office and Google Docs. (excel spread sheets)