https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Design Engineer you will work in a specialist team of Design Engineers for this specialist design and manufacturer.
Reporting to the Design Manager, your role is to:
- Support sales and project management with design activities.
- Assist with the development of concept and existing products.
- Perform finite elemental analysis through computer simulation.
- Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, testing and verification and conformance of design outputs to meet design inputs and oversee testing.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Produce engineering documents
- Produce engineering models and detail drawings using Inventor and ACAD and ANSYS
- Duty to eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable health & safety risks through the design process.
- Produce test procedures, reports and manuals
- Contact customers and suppliers for technical support to project managers
- Analyse and solve technical problems and provide solutions
- Investigate new technologies or existing technologies
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years design engineering experience
- Mathcad and Autodesk proficient
Candidates with a background designing bespoke specialist products in the Marine, Offshore, Oil & Gas, Subsea or Petrochemical industries would be of particular interest.
Salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience, to apply for the role of Design Engineer please click apply now.