http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this rapidly expanding, privately owned leading manufacturers you will report to the Engineering Manager. As the Design Engineer you will manage new contracts from the agreed job specification requirements through the design stages to the point of issuing design drawings, bill of materials and detailed drawings where required. Once the project reaches the production stage you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build.
For new product design and ongoing product improvement you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of cross functional design teams in order to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assessment and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Creation of bill of material records including standard and non-standard parts
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements
- The role will require day-to-day liaison with internal and external contacts including sales, planning, procurement, manufacturing, and from time to time, directly with suppliers.
This role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive and self-motivated individual with a systematic approach to design and documentation. Suitable candidates will have:
- Mechanical or Production Engineering Background to minimum HNC level
- Broad design and draughting experience, mechanical engineering including 3D SolidWorks
- Knowledge of, and interest in, lean manufacturing and value engineering
- Experience of and ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Comfortable with full range of PC office software applications
- Time served manufacturing experience desirable
- You will have good communication skills and the ability to liaise on technical issues with both internal and external contacts.
- Competitive salary
- 39 hour week, flexible working
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply for the role of Design Engineer Solidworks please click ‘Apply Now’