Job title: Design Engineer Solidworks
Start date: asap
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 pa + benefits.
GPW are partnering exclusively with a Bolton based specialist manufacturer to recruit a Solidworks Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
Established for over 50 years and with a real market presence their products are manufactured and assembled on site the sold through retail outlets across the UK.
As the Solidworks Design Engineer you will work in a team of established and experienced Designers, based in the office full time, in the role you will produce innovative designs with cost effective solutions. Designing new products and modifying existing designs, complying with all relevant legislation and regulation and Type Approval requirements whilst operating within Health and Safety Regulations, and practising good housekeeping.
As the Solidworks Design Engineer , you’ll be involved in Design, Product Improvements, Programming, BOM Creation and maintenance and project work.
Key tasks will include:
- Product development -Create innovate, new ideas with a view to improving all products. Recommend plans for the introduction of new products. Research into new ideas and technical developments within the trailer industry.
- Project work – to ensure that the projects are completed on time and within budgetary costs.
As the Solidworks Design Engineer you will apply DFM and DFA principles to all new design projects, ensuring sufficient information exists to manufacture the product in an efficient manner.
This will include:
- Full 3D/2D CAD drawings issued to all departments as appropriate, ensuring concise communication of information.
- Provision of sufficient information in a timely manner to allow creation of BOM’s quickly, as required by production.
- To fully understand the requirements of the bender and laser. To import 3D models to the laser/bender software and output programs to the shop floor machines. To support resolution of any problems they may have.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure that all necessary jigs and fixtures are manufactured prior to release of new product or modified product.
- New product or change release – That the following list is satisfied:
o Provide sufficient information to allow efficiency within manufacturing areas.
o Propose/demonstrate the assembly sequence to team leaders for effective assembly of the product, using a hands-on approach when necessary.
o Observe the builders and look for any methods that will speed up the process, for example this may be one or more of the following:
- More concise drawings and/or assembly manuals.
- Improved jig and fixtures.
o Consider requests for tooling that would facilitate the improvement in output.
o Follow up visits to the assembly areas to ensure that “your designs” are running smoothly after the initial bedding in period, to maximise production, answer any questions and suggest/implement improvements to improve production efficiencies and reduce costs.
o To create routes and structures on the ERP system with associated data within a BoM. To make revisions and updates as required.
o To provide accurate technical advice when required.
o To respect the confidentiality of all Department activities and not to disclose any information to unauthorised personnel.
o To keep filing system in order and up to date
Benefits as the Solidworks Design Engineer include:
- Salary £35,000 to £40,000 pa basic
- Hours are 40 per week Monday to Friday the Design team currently work 8am – 4:30pm.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme after qualifying period
- Free on site parking
To apply for the role of Design Engineer Solidworks please click apply now.