https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Design Manager to be based in St Helens on a permanent basis.
Main Function of Job:
- Manage a team of Designers to develop project designs in the form of working, production and as built drawings; allocating resources in line with the business’s requirements.
- Provide guidance to design team to ensure that the developed design is technically and commercially feasible and matches cost plans and specifications.
- Review and approval of all design work outputted by the team.
- Develop a working design for projects with full consideration for CDM regulations. Work with clients to obtain necessary approvals in a timely manner.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Autodesk suite of software (AutoCAD 3D, LT, Inventor, Revit etc)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Bespoke Estimating software.
- Microsoft Dynamics.
- A qualification in a technical / engineering subject is preferred, but not essential if compensated by appropriate experience.
- GCSE English and Maths.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a design role within construction, preferably in the structural steel or facades sector.
- Analytical – able to assess information in a variety and formats to derive optimum design solutions;
- Numerate – capable of working with numbers to calculate performance against requirements;
- Innovative – creativity to develop solutions that fulfil the technical and commercial brief;
- Technical competence – capability to digest and apply detailed technical information;
- Leadership – ability to communicate with, and motivate team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Allocation of resources to achieve project programmes;
- Management of a team of designers and their workload;
- Communication of schedules across other business functions;
- Act as a senior designer on major or complex projects;
- Liaise with the Design Director and/or Structural Engineer to resolve design issues;
- Conduct internal review and approval of drawings;
- Ensure compliance of design to all necessary technical and commercial parameters;
- Prepare manufacturing details, shop assembly drawings and installation drawings/instructions;
- Ensure that design information is available for input into Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health and Safety documents, O&M manuals etc;
- Provide the Projects team with updates on design progress and schedules;
- Ensure the timely consideration and completion of CDM documentation;
- Attend site (where required) to brief fitters and pass on specific design information