GPW are recruiting for a Dimensional Calibration Engineer/ Metrology Technician on behalf our client, who are a global market leader in their field, for a permanent position in the Bristol area. Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the calibration of a wide range of dimensional metrology and provide mentoring and training of other staff. As a qualified member of the calibration team, this role requires commitment to proactive involvement in process efficiency and cost reduction and the furthering of the company’s commercial capability.
Main accountabilities of the role will see the chosen candidate undertake Dimensional calibration inspections, measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management systems.
Salary & Benefits:
- £24,000- £30,000 annual salary
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Hols
- Company Pension, life assurance and sick pay
- Employee perks package
- Occasional O/T
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer/ Metrology Technician day to day duties will include:
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – (Micrometers, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc.).
- Calibration of Production Gauging – Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Calibration of specialist products (as appropriate to individual)
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on componants
- Maintain the Calibration Database, filing system, Calibration Certification and associated files
- Provide on the job training and mentoring at all levels as and when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the customers/ client facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Support process improvement and functional development
- Be proactive in continuous improvement initiatives
To be suitable for this Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Metrology Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Be able to join the team and hit the ground running
- Recent experience of calibrating a wide range of dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Comfortable with metric and imperial measurements.
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of GD&T and 1st principle measurement techniques.
The ideal Dimensional Calibration Engineer/ Metrology Technician will have:
- Recent extensive experience of calibrating dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to UKAS standards.
- Extensive knowledge of calibration and UKAS certification and of calibration practices and theories.
- Able to undertake dimensional and surface finish checks of specialist products and jigs, fixtures and tooling using first principle methods.
- Able to use computerised calibration records / spreadsheets, able to import / export data and alter / use formulas on spreadsheets etc.
- Knowledge of Windows-based laboratory automation software MetCAL, InGAGE, ProCal, SureCal etc.
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description, where the required training will be provided. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.