https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Metrology Engineer / Dimensional Inspector with recent experience of operating a Leica laser tracker or Faro Arm using preferably Spatial Analyser (SA) or Polyworks software is required for a permanent role preferably in the Leicester / Coventry, Midlands area or possibly in the North West (Chester / Manchester area). Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Metrology Engineer / Inspector / laser Tracker will be working approx. 40 hours (Mon – Fri days plus possible O/T)
This is an excellent career opportunity, and the client may also consider applications from CMM Operators / Programmers, Inspectors, CNC Machinists or Calibration Engineers / Technicians who have completed a relevant apprenticeship and have recent experience of undertaking precise measurement of large components with CMM, Faro, Leica, API, ION or similar measuring equipment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable, (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 22 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Yearly company bonus (dependent on company performance and is discretionary)
- Occasional O/T
Day to day duties of the successful Metrology Engineer / Aircraft Inspector include:
- Measurement of components, jigs and tooling using Leica laser tracking alignment equipment / mobile Faro Arms and associated software such as Spatial Analyser (SA) / polyworks.
- Downloading the recorded measurements using the laser alignment tool OEM software and providing the information to the client.
- Subcontract Measurement Services using laser trackers, probing/scan measurement Arms (and other measurement equipment) with SpatialAnalyzer, Polyworks, Metrolog X4 and Delcam PowerINSPECT software.
- Working within the Special Projects team to deliver high value mechanical engineering projects which require metrology support in the aerospace, defence, energy and automotive sectors
- Attending exhibitions, conferences and customer meetings
- Care and maintenance of the equipment and follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Metrology Engineer / Aircraft Inspector / Laser Tracker Operative role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Recent experience as Dimensional Metrology Engineer, Mechanical Inspector, CNC Machinist or Calibration / Mechanical Engineer.
- Experience of using Leica, Hexagon, CMM or Faro measuring equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- GD&T and ability to read technical drawings
- Jigs and Fixtures experience.
- Good PC literacy.
- Full UK Driving licence
To be more suitable for this Metrology Engineer / Aircraft Inspector role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous UKAS or NPL training.
- Dimensional Metrology experience using; White/Blue Light Scanning, Photogrammetry, Terrestrial Laser Scanning, Multi/Total Stations and CMMs
- CAD expertise
- Reverse Engineering from point CAD to solid models
- A relevant HNC or higher engineering qualification.
- Previous field / international travel experience.
- Aerospace or Automotive experience.
Key words: Metrology, Inspector, Laser Tracker Operator, Inspection, Faro, Leica, API, ION, Precision Measurement Engineer, Spatial Analyser, Delcam, Metrolog, Geomagic, Laser Tracking, Hexagon, Laser Alignment, Mechanical Quality Control, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Leicester, Coventry, Midlands, Manchester, Chester, North West.
The successful Metrology Engineer / Aircraft Inspector (Quality Inspector / CMM Operator / Calibration Engineer / CNC Machinist will also be considered) will need to demonstrate a degree of flexibility as there is a possibility of working O/T, travelling and working away from home (UK and International). The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in Dimensional Metrology Engineer / Inspector / Laser Tracker Operative role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.