https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Reporting into the Design Manager of this specialist manufacturer, you will be responsible for the filing, issue and retrieval systems of all technical documentation involved in design and development activities,
To be successful in this role you’ll need a general administrative background, working within an engineering environment would be ideal. Document management experience and use of software tools such as Word, Excel and Databases essential.
- Satisfactory storage of all technical documentation in accordance with and an appropriate retrieval and backup system
- To ensure that company procedures and standards are adhered to
- To ensure the quality of workmanship for which they are responsible is acceptable to the organisation and the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
To file, issue and retrieve technical documents relating to the design process in accordance with the requirements of the customer, organisation and regulatory authorities.
- To support the Project Design Engineer and Designer by way of providing appropriate documentation and administration for the design process.
- To be responsible for the Configuration Control system and be able to use the reprographic equipment.
- To maintain the Document Management System and Drawing Database.
- To maintain a Technical Library.
- To provide administrative support to the Engineering & Quality Director and Design Manager.
- To support the Design, Sales and Operations functions in a professional manner.
- Maintain and improve skills.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers, colleagues and the management team by regular consultation and feedback regarding activities, progress, results and achievements.
- Technical (Drawings, BOM & Materials)
- IT (General)
- Document Management
- Administration & Accuracy
- Self-Motivated and Pro-active
- IT (Database)
- Manufacturing (SOP/WOP/POP)
- Manufacturing (Product Knowledge)
- Problem Solving
This is a permanent role paying up to £24,600 pa and the role offers a comprehensive list of benefits.
To apply for the role of Document Controller / Configuration Controller please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours to discuss your suitability.