GPW Are recruiting an EC&I Design Engineer to work for a large and established client in their offices near Preston.
This is a permanent and full time position working office hours Monday – Friday.
The ideal candidate witll have good EC&I design experince coupleed with previous Nuclear industry experience or other highly regulated industry experience.
Duties will include:
- Scheme design generation consisting of – design briefs, user requirements specifications, software definition documents, block cable diagrams, control philosophy documents, scheme functional calculations, scheme design risk assessments, etc.
- Detail design generation consisting of – software system specifications, system Schematics, panel layouts, cable / detail functional calculations, detail design risk assessments, etc.
- Production of manufacturing documentation consisting of – wiring / single line diagrams, schedules, PLC / software code, module / integration tests, factory acceptance tests, method statements, operation, maintenance and installation manuals, technical construction files.
- Take part in – client meetings, testing activities, commissioning activities, post project review meetings
- Maintaining the project’s working folder
- Checking and approving of deliverables produced by other members of the team
The role will involve:
- Being responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity
- Building services/power discipline experience preferred
- Design experience of LV distribution, lighting, CCTV and hardwired 24vdc control systems.
- AutoCAD Lite experience essential
- Familiar with BS7671 18th Edition and have proven experience of installation calculations.
- EPLAN experience beneficial
- Sound appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and test techniques
- Sufficient technical knowledge and understanding of the industry to be able to technically lead a team, shape the outcome of a project and encourage and assist others in the delivery of that project
- Ability to manage your own workload and self-manage to deliver tasks
A HNC or above in Electrical Engineering or similar would be advantageous.
In return you will receive a salary of £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, company pension scheme and 25 days holiday per annum plus other company benefits.
If this poistion is of interest please make sure to click APPLY NOW.