https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for an EC&I Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the Manchester area.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a strong background in control panel design, distribution, functional safety and machine directives.
Duties will include but aren’t limited to:
* Working closely with product, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers to ensure timely delivery and the highest standard
* For new machines, determine the product requirements and develop a complete electrical design of the control panel, its auxiliary equipment and all related sensors and interconnections
* For existing machines, carry out ongoing updates and improvements
* The design output predominantly consists of the control panel drawings, but also typically include engine harness drawings, cable schedules and block cable diagrams, bills of materials
* Provide support to sales, applications, production, commissioning and service departments
* Liaise with control panel manufacturers and other suppliers
The ideal candidate will come from the panel manufacturing or machinery industry and have working knowledge of practices and standards relevant to Machinery and Low Voltage Directives. Alternative backgrounds will also be considered. Experience in fields of power generation, engine management and functional safety are highly desirable, but not essential.
To be considered for this role, the candidate will demonstrate:
* Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or other related fields
* Experience and proficiency in the design of electrical control systems, LV distribution, electrical motor control and instrumentation
* Computer literacy, including proficiency in AUTOCAD package
If the Electrical Control and Instrumentation role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!