GPW are recruiting for a Calibration Engineer (Electrical/ Pressure), on behalf of our client who are a global business and a market leader in their industry, required immediately for a Permanent position in the South Manchester area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Electrical / Pressure Calibration Engineer will be working circa 39 hours (Mon – Fri Days) based over the core business hours.
You will be responsible for the calibration and repair of Electrical/Pressure measuring instrumentation to both ISO9001 and UKAS accreditations in accordance with company procedures, etc. You will also maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing EMS management systems.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is £26,000- £30,000, dependent on experience and qualifications.
- 39hrs per week, Monday – Friday days.
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Life assurance
- Perkbox scheme
The successful Electrical/ Pressure Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Repair electrical and pressure measuring instruments
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice. Calibrating electrical, temperature or pressure measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards.
- A good knowledge of electrical circuitry & the ability to fault find/troubleshoot to component level is preferred
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in UKAS and customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Produce and audit automated and manual calibration procedures for use within the Laboratory for customer calibration.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the role and Career Level
The suitable/ ideal Electrical Calibration Engineer role will have the following experience:
- Technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Ability to create and calculate uncertainty of measurement.
- Good understanding of Windows-based (Excel and Word) and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within a customer focussed environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision & manage your own workload
- The ability to understand / interpret circuit diagrams will be advantageous
- An experienced signatory Engineer would be ideal, with the salary negotiable in this instance.
The successful Electrical / Pressure Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer / Technician (Electrical/ Pressure) role and have the required and relevant experience please click the apply now button.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates who apply so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.