https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer with experience of assembling / wiring industrial packaging machinery required ASAP for a permanent day role in Knutsford / Warrington Area.
This role attracts a salary of £25,000 – £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am – 4.30pm with possible overtime on the basic week.
- 20 days holiday + B/Hols – increasing 1 day a year to max of 25 days + B/Hols
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary
- Company Pension
- O/T at 1.5x Midweek & Weekend
To effectively perform electrical and pneumatic installation duties on all equipment to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient electrical installation maintenance and fault finding service on customer’s sites.
The successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Build control panels as per drawing/specification, wire safety switches, sensors and any remote control panels as specified on the drawing, utilising conduit and trunking as necessary
- Inspect hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines’ condition/functionality to the current or required standard
- Complete final tests on all electrical work taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Ensure all electrical fittings / wiring meets the required safety standards, wiring is numbered correctly, all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires.
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Load and download appropriate PLC programmes as necessary to ensure correct running of the machine
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
To be suitable for this Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of building control panels and wire panels.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer, Electrical Engineer.
- Previous experience of downloading and installing of PLC programs onto machinery.
- Relevant electrical qualifications.
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
- Full UK Drivers Licence
Advantageous skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Knowledge of electrical controls systems / PLC’s, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Relevant PLC training / qualifications
- Previous experience of wiring / assembling packaging or processing machinery used for the Food or Pharmaceutical sectors..
The Successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer / Machine Wirer will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment.
You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work. If you are interested in Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Electrician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button