https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer with experience of assembling / wiring high value special purpose machinery required ASAP for a long term contract / possible temp to perm role in Irlam / Warrington Area. The rate of pay is £11.00 – £12.50/hr PAYE (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is approx. 39 hours, Mon – Fri 7:30am – 4.00pm (plus possible O/T). There is also a possibility that the role may become permanent if the candidate performs well in the role.
Job Objective: Reporting to the Production Manager, the Electrical Technician will be required to effectively perform electrical assembly of all special purpose machinery and sub-assemblies to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
The successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Installation of electrical control systems on machinery, control panel building and wiring of various components back to panel as per drawing/specification
- Ensure all electrical fittings / wiring meets the required safety standards, wiring is wired correctly, all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires.
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Complete final tests on all electrical work taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Load and download appropriate PLC programmes as necessary to ensure correct running of equipment.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
- Occasional commissioning on customers sites (Worldwide)
To be suitable for this Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Completed recognised apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer, Electrical Engineer.
- Must have previous experience of installation of electrical control systems on machinery, control panel build and wiring of various components back to panel.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Have relevant electrical qualifications such as C&G / NVQ L3 / ONC
- Qualified to 17th edition of the IEE Electrical Regulations
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
The ideal Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer will have the following skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Knowledge of electrical controls systems / PLC’s, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Previous experience of downloading and installing of PLC programs onto machinery.
- Worked within a MRP manufacturing environment,
- Worked in a ISO 9001 QA System and KanBan vendor managed inventory
- Relevant PLC training / qualifications.
- Previous experience of assembling high value / low volume bespoke machinery.
- Mechanical assembly experience.
Key Words: Electrical Fitter, Panel Wirer, Control Panels, PLC’s, Servo Motors, Machine Assembling, Installation, Fault Finding, Panel Wiring, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery, Maintenance, Field Service, Commissioning, Manufacture Assembly, Travel, Irlam, Warrington, Cheshire, Manchester.
The Successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product, flexible as there may be overtime, willing to stay away from home occasionally and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / manufacturing environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button