http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Calibration Engineer / Technician (DC / LF) required immediately for a permanent position in the Derby area. Salary is negotiable + shift uplift (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Electrical Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (initially Mon – Fri Days, then Mon – Fri Double Days) plus occasional O/T
- Attractive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Asssurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- O/T rates 1.5x for Saturday and 2x for Sunday hours
The successful Electrical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electrical measuring instrumentation to specific parameters and in line with industry standards.
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Electrical Test Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Completed relevant electrical / electronic apprenticeship.
- Calibrating electrical measuring instrumentation to in-house or national standards.
- Must have previous experience of calibrating DC / LF test equipment, Calibrators, 17th Edition Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, DMM’s, Clamp Meters, Ammeters, Volt Meters, PAT testers, Insulation Testers and other general purpose DC test equipment.
- Relevant electrical / electronic qualifications.
- Must be PC literate.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
The ideal DC / LF Calibration Technician will have:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Experience of calibrating electrical equipment to UKAS type standards.
- Fully conversant with ISO17025.
- Currently or previously been a UKAS signatory.
- Knowledge of Fluke MetCal automated calibration software
- Ability to perform minor electrical repairs and adjustments to equipment.
The successful DC / LF Electrical Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing / calibration environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Electrical Calibration Engineer please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.
Key words: Electrical Calibration Technician, Test and Verification, Calibrating, Test & Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Electrical Test Engineer, Electronic, Instruments, Low Frequency, DC, LF Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands