http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting for an Electrical Calibration Engineer / Technician, required immediately for a contract role (possibly leading to a permanant role) in the Derby area. £20,000 – £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). Normal working circa 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days). Applications also considered from trainee / junior calibration staff or electrical / electronic graduates residing in the East Midlands area.
- £20,000 – £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time
- 5x for Midweek O/T and Saturday hours, 2x for Sunday hours
The successful Electrical Calibration Technician day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electrical instruments and devices to manufacturer’s and industry standards.
- Support the repairs department
- To calibrate on-site (If required UK wide)
- Provide guidance to trainee technicians
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for the Electrical Calibration Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recent experience in Electrical Calibration, Quality inspection, QC, Testing, Fault finding, or Verification.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Must be able to interpret electrical engineering drawing.
The Electrical Calibration Technician / Engineer will have the following experience (Desirable):
- Proven track record as Electrical Calibration Technician in Laboratory environment.
- Able to undertake electronic fault finding, ideally to component level (Analogue / Digital circuits)
- Relevant qualifications in electrical / electronic engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Working knowledge of quality systems ISO 17025
- Knowledge of METCAL software
- Full UK Driving licence
The successful Electrical Calibration Technician will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in relevant field (Electrical Calibration, Quality inspection, QC, Testing, Fault finding, or Verification) you will have the relevant qualifications and or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Electrical Calibration Technician role and have the required qualifications and experience, please click on the apply now button.