http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with excellent knowlege of PLC’s to work on a permanent basis in Wigan.
Salary is c£30-36,000 per annum
The role is working Monday – Friday on days.
To support the plant in all aspects of the electrical maintenance troubleshooting using PLC and programming skills and a thorough understanding of the machines sequence of operations. To be familiar with the use of PLCs such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Telemechanique.
- Observing the health and safety of self and others is a must.
- To ensure that PLC systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems.
- Monitoring and control systems from specific instrumentation and communication devices, installs, views PLC programs, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs major electronic systems.
- A good understanding of SCADA operating systems.
- High Voltage approved person
- Respond to any related equipment downtime issues in plant.
- Train and develop the department electricians.
- Integrate with the Engineering and Maintenance teams to transfer the technology.
- To stand in for Electrical Team leader when required.
- To assist in other electrical work as and when required, and some basic mechanical activities.
PERSON REQUIREMENT INCLUDE:
- Educated to electrical engineering degree level.
- Experience in a manufacturing/construction environment in a similar PLC role.
- Good skills in all Microsoft Office tools, computers systems for example SAP.
- A good understanding of our entire manufacturing process and utilities or similar.
- A general understanding of maintenance practices.
- Innovative thinker with a proven ability to work in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organisation and in different functional environments from plant operations to technical and commercial disciplines
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under minimal direct supervision.
If the Electrical Engineering role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW