https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting for Time-served Electrical Engineers x4 required for permanent positions in the Wigan area, working for a global manufacturing company, that would see the successful candidates working 2x 12 hours days, 2x 12 hour nights then 4 off. After 7 cycles of this shift pattern, you will be off for 18 days (5 times a year, fixed breaks). You will need to pay back 16.5 days across the year
The salary for this role is £38,000- £48,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus benefits.
- You will be working autonomously on shifts but will be reporting to a Electrical Team Leader
- Maintain and install all electrical plant & machinery in line with company requirements
- React quickly, diagnose & repair any mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment.
- Carry out our planned preventative maintenance schedule on the full range of equipment within the site.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good, safe working & clean condition.
- Interrogate PLC equipment such as Allen Bradley & Siemens.
- Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you always adhere to them.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency.
- Cross departmental communication with related associates.
- Complete Maintenance work orders, use of a CMMS system, Agility or similar
- Able to work efficiently, without supervision
- Knowledge and experience of fault finding and repairs to industrial controls & systems
- Knowledge of PLC programmes and fault finding
- Knowledgeable with VSD (variable speed drives)
- Able to read schematic drawings
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some multi skilling would be advantageous
- Use of Microsoft office tools
- Time served indentured apprenticeship or equivalent
- 16th/17th/18th IET wiring regulations
- Relevant qualifications in electrical discipline
- Proven manufacturing maintenance environment