We’re looking for a talented Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Engineering Technician with prior experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment and is familiar with three phase equipment, inverters / servo drives, PLC’s and industrial machinery is required for a permanent, F/T position working on a rotating 3 shift pattern to work for our client in the Bury / Prestiwch area. Salary approx. £46,300 pa incl. shift allowance (potential earnings £55k – £60k incl. possible O/T) plus benefits (see below).
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of provide technical support to all the Engineering / Maintenance departments ensuring safe and efficient production.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
- Salary – £46,300 pa incl. shift allowance (likely earnings to be £55-60k incl. possible overtime)
- Shift pattern (working Mon Fri 3 shift pattern – earlies, lates and nights and 1 in 4 weekends)
- Sat OT at 1.5x / Sun OT at 2x
- 21 days holiday plus B/Hols, increasing by 1 day a year to 26 days holiday plus B/Hols
- Life assurance
As the Electrical Engineering Technician you will be primarily responsible for working closely with a team of multi-disciplined engineers and multi-skilled shift craftspeople.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Maximising plant up time and minimise plant down time
- Communicating at all levels of engineering and production departments the status of plants and ongoing projects
- Investigating, reporting and resolving repetitive engineering faults
- Providing technical support to all departments ensuring safe and efficient maintenance
- Maintaining the computerised maintenance system shift logs, follow up actions, fault and diagnosis
- Carrying out risk assessments, issuing permits to work and supervising engineering contractors
- Designing, building and commissioning control system upgrades and plant improvement projects
- Carrying out inspection and testing of electrical installations and portable appliances
- Organising and supervising planned work for the craftsmen with assistance from the computerised maintenance system and Engineering Planner
- Organising and controlling weekend work on a rota basis
The ideal candidate for this Engineering Technician / Electrical Maintenance Engineer role will have extensive knowledge of modern control systems including Siemens PLC’s (S5 or S7) and both digital and analogue drives.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
- PLC skills (Pref Siemens S5/S7), including editing programmes and fault finding (Programming is not essential but desirable)
- Knowledge of VSD’s and digital & analogue drives
- Ideally HNC or higher qualification in an electrical engineering discipline
- 17th / 18th edition
- Experience of CMMS
- Some supervisory / management experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and possess a positive mental attitude, with a stable and traceable career history.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician, Maintenance Team Leader, Maintenance Supervisor, Planed Maintenance Co-ordinator or Engineering Supervisor
Key Words: Engineering Technician, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Planned Maintenance Co-ordinator, Engineering Planner, Supervisory, Team Leader, PLC’s, Siemens, HMI, Control Systems, Motors, Drives, VSD’s, HNC, HND, 18th Edition, Fault Finding, Planned Maintenance, PPM, AM, TPM, Preventative, Planning, Plant Maintenance, CMMS, Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, KPI Analysis, Analytical, Continuous Improvement, H&S, Risk Assessments, Industrial Engineering, Heavy Engineering, Lean, Manufacturing, Production, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanical, Shifts, Nights, Bury, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire,
They are a well-established manufacturer based in North Manchester and operating successfully throughout the world.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Engineering Technician role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.