http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Engineering Technician (Days)
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified individual with an Electrical Engineering background to join the day Engineering Team based in St Helens, Merseyside.
The jobholder will work flexibly within the department across all areas of plant. It will be necessary to work unsupervised for extended periods and therefore individuals should be capable of identifying, generating and managing their own workloads. This will involve effective communication with colleagues across all areas of the site, particularly with the production teams. Direct support of the Manufacturing operation may also be required within the current agreements and shift working may be a requirement. The successful applicant will be expected to join the on-call team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance of the production lines and off-line process operations, plus associated plant, buildings, services and vehicles. The duties include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance; inspection and calibration; fault finding and diagnostics in emergency breakdown or planned situations; modification and improvement of plant; hazard identification and elimination; supervision of apprentices and contractors; team-based problem solving; training activities; project co-ordination and administration of maintenance systems.
Applicants will have completed a recognised craft apprenticeship and will have obtained HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering discipline. They must be able to work co-operatively as part of a team, including instructing/coaching colleagues in areas of own expertise, and be prepared to work flexibly in order to respond to changing demands. A detailed knowledge of a range of specialised equipment and processes including the associated safety requirements and emergency procedures is required and appropriate training will be given where necessary.
The following competencies will be critical to success:
* Passion for Excellence – Shows resilience by consistently displaying a positive outlook and responding resourcefully when faced with new challenges and demands.
* Safety & Quality Focus – Demonstrates a visible commitment to safety, quality and ethical behaviour.
* Customer Focused – Actively seeks to understand internal and external customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
North West – St Helens, Merseyside
Salary and Benefits
* Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00 am to 4.00 pm)
* Salary starts at £30,916pa (95% of Grade) rising to £32,543 after 12 months, plus 1-in-4 On call Allowance of £1,793pa, this may change to meet business requirements
* 25 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays
* Group Personal Pension Plan – a defined contribution scheme with Aviva with up to 8% employer contribution
* Gainshare Bonus Scheme (dependant on Company performance)
* Employee Discounts
* Free car park
f you are interested in the above position please call Carl @ GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk