https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Due to an increase in workload, we are recruiting 4 Electrical Fitters for my client based in Shipley. These roles are all 6 month contracts.
The annual salary will be £27700 the hours are 37.5 per week, bonus on a pro rata basis which has paid out up to £2200 for the past number of years, Westfield Health Care and Pension.
The hours of work are 7:30 – 4:15 Mon to Thurs and 1 pm finish on Fridays.
The Duties for the Electrical Fitter role are as follows:
- To work within the company’s Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Electrical assembly and testing of can making equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Delegation and support of non-complex tasks to semi-skilled team mates
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and legible
- Ensure workplace standards are adhered to
- Carry out Operator Asset Care tasks
- Adhere to company Health and safety policy and procedures.
- Report any hazards that may cause harm to yourself or a colleague
- Keep work area to 6’s standards and audit work areas when required.
- Carry out any cleaning pit-stops at the proposed time efficiently and effectively
- Escalate any parts, drawing, routings and machine Faults
- Participate in investigations to determine non-conformance (5Y/8D)
- Document any data relevant to associated tasks
- Ensure that Stock control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Participate in any continuous improvement initiatives and provide constructive feedback to the improvement team
- Be flexible and move to other areas you are trained as and when the business needs dictate.
- Communicate with operators from other shifts and carry out effective end of shift handovers
- Provide on-the-job training to apprentices and new employees
- To have a can do attitude and embrace change with in the business
- Working with complex schematic diagrams
- Control panel assembly and connection
- Low voltage electrical control systems and supplies
- Electrical safe systems of work and test procedures
- Quality systems and procedures.
- Math, Problem solving, electrical and technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic Lean principles
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the electrical assembly and testing of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) machinery
- Combined education and on-the-job training within an engineering background.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.