We are recruiting a Test Engineer to work in an Electrically acredited Laboratory based in Wigan.
The succesful candidate will become part of a succesful and well bonded test team within a fantastic company.
The role is a great opportunity for someone with a HNC or above in an Electrical field looking to move into a Testing role or alternitively an experinced Test Engineer looking for a new opportunity.
The role of an Electrical Laboratory Test Engineer in the company is to carry out test programmes on our current product portfolio and to carry out test work to prove new products prior to their release.
This will cover products designed for the electrical wiring accessory markets. Working within the Electrical Laboratory at the clients premises in Wigan, you will join an experinced Lab team and report directly to the Laboratory Manager.
Other responsibilities will include:
Carrying out test programmes and plans on company products.
Carrying out test programmes on pre-determined product standards applicable to new product introductions.
Assistance in maintaining of the laboratories UKAS Accreditation – ISO/IEC 17025.
Analysis, testing and reporting of any customer product returns.
Performance of calibration on test apparatus
As a successful candidate you will have:-
- Knowledge and understanding of wiring accessory products.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing to British Standards.
- Familiarity with electromechanical products
- Understanding and application of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and the ability to work within a Laboratory Management System.
- Strong problem solving skills with a naturally enquiring mind.
- Ability to design, build and maintain test equipment.
- Ability and confidence to use items of test equipment.
- Ability to produce test reports.
- Previous Laboratory process auditing experience would be an advantage.
- Computer literate with working knowledge and application of ‘Microsoft Office’ applications.
- Have experience in dealing with people from different backgrounds, disciplines and cultures.
- HNC or above in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- Be able to work under pressure and be efficient in time management.
This position would suit an individual who is motivated and who is happy to contribute to a strong team ethic.
This position is full time and permanent and the salary on offer is £23,000 – £27,000 per annum dependant on suitable experince.
Please APPLY NOW if you may be interested.