http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Are you an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer looking for job security? My client is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join their expanding team in the Manchester area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- If you’re a qualified/certified Electrical Maintenance Engineer with industrial experience who enjoys a variety of challenges and enjoys constantly learning & growing as an engineer, then this is a great opportunity.
- Our client are well-established, successful, progressive and growing. They pride themselves on meeting the electrical needs (breakdowns, installations, shift cover) of their wide-ranging industrial customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To communicate with management and colleagues regarding all issues relating to the business effecting customers
- To attend site, assess and quote customers for work required and ensure all parts and labour are available to undertake the work as required
- To carry out site work at various customer premises as required using both Customers’ and the clients specifications using recognised work practices and quality standards
- Use of manufacturer’s technical manuals and diagrams to diagnose repairs and locate faults using a range of testing equipment and tools
- To carry out work within the workshop to the required Company quality standards
- To communicate with customers regarding collection, ongoing repairs and delivery of jobs both Emergency and Normal Service
- To carry out work both on site and within the workshop as required
- To ensure the Company Quality Standards are maintained and all relevant workshop documentation is completed to meet the ISO9002 2008 BSI Standard
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Ensure that the premises are secured at close of business
- Implement and follow training and guidelines as detailed in the Occupational Health and Safety manual
- To have a flexible approach to out of hours call out and overtime
- To ensure all tools and equipment is maintained to ensure the safety of the user
- Industrial Electrician Training Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrical Experience
- Familiar with completing RAMS
- Comfortable, calm and methodical when (diagnosing a fault and fixing the problem whilst a customer is under pressure because their production line is at a standstill
- Able to work by yourself without supervision when on-site
- Communicate well with non-technical customers
- Relish the challenge of fixing a piece of kit you may not have seen before
- Comfortable crawling around inside machines and moving kit around!
- Communicate well by completing accurate & concise ‘paperwork’
- Looking to start ASAP
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle and fuel card provided
- This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to fully immerse themselves with current projects, utilising their hands on capabilities.
- You should also be a self-starter and look at the bigger picture, finding areas for the company as a whole to make improvements and further develop your career.
Please submit your CV via email to apply in the first instance