https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer based in the Leyland area on a temporary to permanent basis. This role is looking at paying around £18per hour Ltd. This role will be working days and night shifts.
- To work as part of the shift team to maximise output whilst adhering to the agreed H&S, GMP and quality standards.
- To respond promptly to breakdowns, diagnose the cause of the problem and complete the necessary repairs.
- To complete a risk assessment prior to undertaking any engineering task and ensure that the work is completed safely and in accordance with any available work instruction.
- To ensure that where the risk assessment highlights any potential risk of product contamination that all necessary precautions are taken to minimise this risk and to notify immediately the Team Leader/Supervisor if there is any possibility that product contamination may have occurred.
- To maintain a record of all work undertaken using the company’s systems and communicate any outstanding matters to the following shift via the shift handover meeting.
- To ensure that the company’s procedures are followed for the issuing and return of parts from the Engineering Stores.
- To commit to your personal development by undertaking any necessary training.
- To put forward suggestions to improve quality, commercials or other benefits to the company.
- Continually improve safety record by reporting any physical safety risks and complying with H&S site standards.
- To adhere to the culture of ‘clean as you go’, and ensure standards of hygiene and good housekeeping appropriate to a quality food manufacturer are maintained (GMP).
- To work harmoniously with your colleagues and report any grievances to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as determined by the Team Leader / Packing Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- JIB Approved Electrician
- Level 3 NVQ in electrical engineering
- 2 years’ relevant industrial experience in a similar role
- 17th Edition IEE Regulations