http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electrical Maintenance Engineer required ASAP to cover various Conti-shifts (12hr days / 12hr nights) for the next 2 months for a FMCG client in Wigan Area. Hourly rate is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). This role may suit an engineer already work conti-shifts looking for extra income. There is also a possibility that the role may become a long term contract / permanent if the candidate performs well in the role.
The successful Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for the maintenance & repair of the plant, machinery, and associated equipment using the current processes and systems to achieve and exceed performance targets.
- Liaise with production Team Leaders regarding machine priority.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are followed, respect environmental procedure and permit system
- Review CMMS and rest of indicators under his responsibility on a daily basis
- Engage in SPS/SMS program to improve and sustain good practices in his area.
- Carry out corrective & PPM maintenance actions and co-ordinate with electrical engineering team
To be suitable for this Maintenance Electrician role you must have the following experience and skills:
- Completed engineering apprenticeship
- Candidates should ideally have 3-5 years maintenance experience outside apprenticeship.
- Educated to Electrical ONC level or with equivalent experience and mechanical cross skills
- C&G 17th / 18th Edition qualified, PLC fault finding skills.
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing machine’s and associated equipment
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- A self-motivated individual with an organised approach and good communication skills
- Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving skills, a logical thought process and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Familiar with preventative maintenance systems.
- Computer literate when using Microsoft packages and experience of CMMS packages.
- A proactive and flexible approach with a positive work ethic.
To be more suitable for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
- Qualified to HNC / HND level in relevant discipline (Electrical / Maintenance Bias)
- 2 or more years’ experience in a trouble shooting role.
Key Words: PM, Planned Maintenance, BRC, PPM, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, PLC’s, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanical, CMMS, Continuous Improvement, Production Engineer, Conveyors, FMCG, Paper, Packaging, High Volume, Continuous Production, Continental Shifts, Nights, Contract, Temporary, Wigan, St Helens, Liverpool, Warrington, Lancashire, Merseyside
If you are interested in Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button