https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) required ASAP for a permanent role for a global company based in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester area. Salary is negotiable, plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working 38 hours / week (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm, possible flexibility). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Company pension scheme
- Possible overtime
- Profit related bonus
Job Objective: The main objective is to support the Plant Manager by playing a key role in planning and undertaking planned and reactive maintenance of all production equipment and facilities in all areas throughout the building. The position offers a great deal of variety and jobs differ on a day to day basis covering reactive and proactive maintenance.
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) day to day duties will include:
- Planning and undertaking scheduled / preventative maintenance in all areas of the facility
- Responding to breakdowns and prioritising workload
- Diagnosing faults and taking corrective action
- Repairing equipment and reducing downtime
- Managing and controlling spare parts stocks
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Commissioning and ongoing support of any new equipment
- Reduce the cost in parts and repairs through improved and proactive planned preventative machinery maintenance
- Providing support out of hours when required
- Support Plant improvement projects
- Notify Supervisor or Manager of any safety hazards
To be suitable for this Maintenance Engineer role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Recent experience as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Formal BS7671 qualification (17th / 18th Edition).
- Excellent fault finding and testing skills.
- Experience of planning and scheduling preventative maintenance of production machinery and building services.
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- High standard of PC Literacy
To be more suitable for this Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Preferably HNC or higher Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Knowledge of maintaining AC & DC drives and PLC systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and Industrial machinery repair,(Pneumatics, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Previously held a position such as Maintenance Supervisor or Engineering Team Leader.
- Experience of creating maintenance procedures and implement.
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Planned Preventative Maintenance, PLC’s, 18th Edition, BS 7671, 17th Edition, Fault Finding, PPM, Building Services Maintenance, Facilities, Supervisor, Team Leader, Manufacturing, Production, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to cover for weekends / on call, work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button