This Project Manager post is required to support works undertaken across a range of projects being delivered by Investment Delivery at Heysham 2 nuclear power station.
The station has a diverse projects portfolio covering mechanical, civil, electrical and C&I works.
The Electrical Project Managershould have a proven track record of working with teams
in complex brown field environments, where the focus is on safe and effective delivery. We are particularly interested in individuals with nuclear experience who have been involved in delivering multi-disciplined projects that include Civil, Electrical, Mechanical C&I, works.
* deliver allocated projects through the full project lifecycle
* maintain monthly reporting and accounting for allocated projects
* carry out project concept development and establish project teams
* develop execution strategies for project delivery including design, procurement, construction and commissioning
* Management of stakeholders to ensure well-co-ordinated project delivery
* Minimum HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, candidates with a relevant degree may have an advantage
* Experience of modern project management techniques withith complex, multifunctional organisations
* Membership of APM and formal Project Management qualification is required
* Relevant experience of power generation or process plant involving design and installation of equipment in a brown field environment
* Experience of working on nuclear sites and/or knowledge of equivalent environments/processes
* Experience of project management techniques including Gated Processes and Earned Value reporting
* Experience of working in a complex technical environment and appreciation of safety case and operational aspects of high integrity equipment
* Knowledge of health and safety issues in an industrial environment and experience in the controls required
* Focus on achieving fit for purpose engineering solutions and a positive ‘can do’ approach to delivery of projects
* Good communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence others including building and maintaining effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
* CTC or SC level security clearance (must be willing to go through clearance process if no clearance held at time of application, be capable of obtaining a full Security Clearance).
If the Electrical Project Manager role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!