http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Technician to support a plant in all aspects of the electrical maintenance troubleshooting using PLC and programming skills for a permanent role based in Wigan. Salary circa £32,000 per annum + benefits. This is a days based role Monday – Friday
As the Electrical Technician you will be responsible for:
- Familiar with the use of PLCs such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Telemechanique
- To ensure that PLC systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems.
- Monitoring and control systems from specific instrumentation and communication devices, installs, views PLC programs, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs major electronic systems and peripheral devices.
- A good understanding of SCADA operating systems.
- High Voltage approved person
- To assist in other electrical work as and when required, and some basic mechanical activities.
As the Electrical Technician you will ideally have:
- Time served apprenticeship with Level 3 NVQ in electrical maintenance, or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing/construction environment.
- Good skills in all Microsoft Office tools, computers systems for example SAP.
- A good understanding of our entire manufacturing process and utilities or similar.
If you would like to apply for the position of Electrical Technician please click “Apply now”