http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Electronic Repair / On-Site Calibration Engineer (with full UK DVLC) required immediately for a permanent role in the Hamilton / East Kilbride, Lanarkshire area. Salary is £20-£27k (dependent on experience and qualifications, training will be given) + excellent bens. The succesful candidate will be working 37.5 hrs, M-F Days and will be based in the laboratory but also work in the field (Scotland & possibly N.Ireland) frequently at times.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £20,000 – £27,000 pa (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- Working hours – 37.5hrs (8:15am – 5.00pm Mon – Thur, 8:15-12:45pm Fri)
- Up to 32 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Good Company Pension
- Life assurance
- Dental and medical cover
- O/T: Mon – Fri O/T paid at 1.2x, Sat/Sun O/T paid at 1.5x
The successful Electronic Test Technician / On-Site Electrical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Diagnosis of faults on electronic instrumentation.
- Use electronic test / debug equipment to fault find to component level and repair electronic equipment to full operational condition.
- Substitution / adjustment and replacement methods, using approved parts, whole PCB boards and minor assemblies.
- Calibration of equipment at the laboratory and on-site
- On site Calibration working from schedules provided by the company sales and admin team advising customers and colleagues of issue that may arise during site visit.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Interpret and follow electronic circuit diagrams / schematics, technical procedures, manuals and processes to correctly use all diagnostic aids, tools and test rigs / equipment outlined.
- To be aware of and work within the procedures outlined in the company ISO 9001 quality system and UKAS accreditation
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
To be suitable for this Electronic Repair / Electrical Field Service Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline.
- Proven track record using of fault finding / repairing electrical instrumentation.
- Able to fault find down to component level using electronic test / debug equipment.
- Through hole and surface mount soldering experience.
- Able to read electronic circuit diagrams / schematics
- Electronic / Mechanical PCB Assembly.
- Good communicational and customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure when necessary.
- PC Literate – MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Full UK driving licence
The ideal Debug Repair Technician / On-Site Electronic Calibration Engineer will have:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering / calibration apprenticeship or be time served.
- Calibrated electrical / electronic, audiometric, acoustic, audio, vibration instruments, frequency, LF / RF/ DC equipment to in-house or traceable standards.
- Experience of working to Quality systems ISO 17025 / ISO 9001.
- Currently or recently worked in a Field Service / On-Site role
- Knowledge of measurement of uncertainty.
- Previous experience as a UKAS signatory.
Key words: Electronic Repair Technician, Electrical Assembly, Calibration, Mechanical Assembly, Fault Finding, Debug, Soldering, De-bug, Diagnostics, Electronics, Electrical Technician, Field Service, On-Site Engineer Manufacture Assembly, Test & Measurement, Test and Verification, ISO9001, ISO 17025, Quality Systems, UKAS, Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation, Audiometric, Acoustic, Audio, Vibration, Frequency, RF, LF, Engineer, Medical, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, Scotland
The successful Electronic Repair Technician / On-Site Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime, you will be required to stay away from home on occasions and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With proven track record of fault finding / repairing electrical instrumentation, you will have the relevant qualifications and experience, possess good communicational and organisational skills, able to work under pressure, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Debug Technician / On-Site Electronic Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.