http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
The main function of the role is to work within a Research & Development team on the design and development of intelligent, digitally controlled power control products.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work with management, marketing and customers to create agreed specifications.
- Take ownership of a product and drive it through all phases of design and development.
- Modify existing products to create highly customised and bespoke solutions for customers.
- Produce practical, robust and cost-effective designs with appropriate technical documentation.
- Provide technical support to customers and manufacturing teams.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to support product manufacture.
- Ensure that the company’s design process is followed and properly documented.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an electronics design environment.
- Degree or higher qualification in Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Good working knowledge of C language.
- Experience in firmware design for 8 and 32-bit microcontrollers – Preferably Microchip PIC.
- Embedded hardware design
- Schematic design and PCB layout
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Bluetooth firmware design.
- Design for EMC.
- Switch mode power supply design.
- Alphanumeric and graphic LCD displays.
- MOSFET or IGBT power control.
- RS-232, RS-485, USB or Ethernet.
- Surface mount PCB design.
- MODBUS protocol design and implementation.
- Experience with TRIAC or thyristor AC power control.
The ideal candidate is a highly focussed and self-motivated individual who can apply their skills efficiently to a wide range of engineering and design problems.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to demonstrate aptitude in the design and development of new electronic products.
Be a logical thinker with good communication skills who has a structured approach to design and problem solving and capable of contributing to team effort as well as working in isolation without close supervision.
- Salary to £40,000 pa
- 25 days per year holiday + bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
To apply for the role of Electronics Design Engineer / Senior Electronics Engineer please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.