Job title: Electronics Systems Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £35,000 per annum
This an exciting opportunity to join a specialist manufacturer as an Electronics Systems Engineer in their innovative and experienced team.
The role of Electronics Systems Engineer allows the person to get involved in a highly varied role covering a broad range of projects, centered on the implementation of electronic technologies. The role, reporting directly to the R & D Manager, encompasses the design and development of electro-mechanical systems, control systems and supporting technologies.
You’ll be working within a perfectly sized company, large enough to be ambitious and competitive, but not so large that your achievements aren’t recognised , you will have a real opportunity to make a difference and get to see your designs come to life and used by customers.
They pride themselves on their turnaround times, therefore your contribution will be invaluable. The Electronics Systems Engineer will be based out of their site near Birchwood, Warrington, and easily commutable via the M6 or M62 from Cheshire, Manchester, Liverpool and more.
Key Duties and Responsibilities as the Electronics Systems Engineer:
- Development of electronic and electrical solutions, including systems-level schematic design, circuit-level design, component selection and PCB schematic capture and layout
- Preparation of parts lists / bills of materials
- Working with mechanical designers to specify housings, installation requirements, cable routing
- Reviewing, improving and consolidating existing designs for cost-effective manufacturing across full product range
- Maintaining new and existing electrical and electronic schematics
- Designing, conducting and reporting experiments where necessary to support design decisions
- Developing and performing test procedures and peripherals for new designs
- Providing technical support to clients
- Working to tight project timescales and budgets
- Producing documentation to support equipment assembly, operation, and maintenance to meet applicable standards
- Coordinating subcontractors for manufacturing components
As the Electronics Systems Engineer, you will need:
- In depth knowledge of low voltage electrical and electronic technologies
- Experience in circuit design, PCB design, both digital and analogue
- Experience with microcontrollers
- Familiarity with basic communications protocols and standards RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C, UART
- Confident use of laboratory equipment for debugging purposes
- Knowledge of common CE standards
- Programming in C/C++
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and Ki CAD
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Electronic or Computer Systems Engineering
Traits/Skills required by the Electronics Systems Engineer
- Communication; communicates clearly, confidently and persuasively
- Results oriented; Exerts extraordinary effort over time to achieve a goal.
- Self-motivated and focused. Critical thinking; Good analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- Highly-Adaptable; Possesses an uncanny ability to quickly learn new skills and methodologies as required by the project/task at hand.
- Possesses an attention to detail and an ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Teamwork; Exhibits good interpersonal skills to get along with co-workers and customers
- Superb IT literacy and competency with Microsoft Office suite
- A working knowledge of SAGE would be a bonus but is not essential
The Rewards as the Electronics Systems Engineer
- Salary, depending on candidate experience, £35,000 pa
- 22 days of Holiday per annum, excluding the 8 statutory holidays;
- Company Pension scheme
To apply for this Electronics Systems Engineer role please click apply now