https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Do you have experience purchasing?
Have you worked within engineering/ manufacturing?
We’re looking to recruit an Engineering Buyer for a specialist manufacturer based in Chorley. You will work in a procurement office and will play a key part in the full purchasing process from order to invoice.
- Importing BOMs and management of BOM updates and engineering change requires to ensuring that purchasing is in line with latest project revisions.
- Identification and reconciliation of procurement requirements for projects from BOMs.
- Preparation of requests for quotation. (RFQs)
- Review of quotations and issues of purchase orders along with engineering drawings and product specification.
- Purchasing of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic components.
- Progressing of purchase orders to ensure purchasing schedules meet project requirements.
- Perform other duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
- 2 years buying experience within the engineering/ manufacturing industry.
- Basic understanding of the buying process from order to invoice.
- Computer literate, fundamental that individual can use word and excel to create unaided written correspondence and mange spreadsheets.
- Numeracy and literary skills, ability to produce professional written correspondence and understand and compare supplier quotations etc.
- Self-motivated, able to work without constant management support.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with confident telephone manner.
- Ability to interact with both suppliers and departments with confidence and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- £22-24,000 pa
- 25 days holiday
- Free Parking on site
- Hours: Mon – Thurs 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 14:30
To apply for the role of Engineering Buyer, feel free to give Craig a call at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452043/ 07391869488 or please click apply now