http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Engineering Spares Advisor / Customer Service Administrator required for a permanent position in the Knutsford, Cheshire area. Salary is £16,000 – £18,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 37.5 hours (8:00am – 4:30pm Mon – Fri). Applicants must be organised, have warehouse / stores experience, some engineering knowledge, excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and previous experience of using MRP systems and dealing with commercial clients.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £16,000 – £18,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols – increasing 1 day a year to a max of 25 days plus bank hols
- Company Pension Plan
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Purpose: Ensure the efficient and timely processing and dispatch of spares orders to customers. To prepare necessary documentation and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records for the spares function.
Day to day duties of the successful Engineering Spares Advisor / Customer Service Administrator include:
- Receive and deal with customer enquiries relating to the supply of spare parts, using your own knowledge and where necessary the knowledge of colleagues to answer customer queries.
- Receive and process customer orders for spare parts and maintain appropriate records of customer and supplier correspondence using SYSPRO and CRM.
- Investigate all customer queries in relation to spares orders and take necessary action to provide a remedy in accordance with Company Policy.
- Deal with the courier delivery of parcels to the UK and overseas via telephone or websites.
- Prioritise own workload to meet team and organisational deadlines.
- Take responsibility for handing over on-going enquiries, unfulfilled orders and any other information in full before absences and for making proper enquiries to ensure continuity when returning from an absence.
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Actively promote the company’s spares function to customers.
- Take responsibility for holding SQCDP meetings and updating the data to reflect issues relating to customers / spares.
- Keep customers updated as the status of their spares order and inform if required of any expected late deliveries.
To be suitable for this Spares / Service Administrator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Qualified to GCSE standard including Maths and English at grade C or higher.
- Confident telephone manner with recent experience of liaising with commercial customers via telephone and email.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
- Sociable / outgoing, self-motivated, able to overcome objections, resilient and ability to influence.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- PC Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, CRM & MRP software.
The ideal Spares / Service Administrator will have the following skills / experience:
- Qualified to A-level or higher
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering components.
- Experience of working in stores / warehouse role for manufacturing or engineering company.
- Telesales, warm or cold calling experience for a manufacturing or engineering company
Key words: Engineering Spares, Administrator, Customer Services, Administration, MRP, CRM, Materials Requirements Planning, Engineering, Stores, Logistics, Warehouse, Telesales, Sales, Manufacturing, Food, Pharmaceutical, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire
The successful Technical Spares / Service Administrator will need to demonstrate a degree of flexibility, and occasional travel to other sites. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in Technical Spares / Service Administrator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.