https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Storesperson required for a long term contract / possible temp to perm role in the Derby area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The successful candidate will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri Days) and is highly likely to lead to permanent role if the candidate performs well in the role. Applicants must be organised, have recent stock control / logistics experience preferably in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector, good communication skills (verbal and written), must be PC literate with recent experience of using stock control systems / software.
The successful Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Storesperson / Goods in day to day duties will include:
- To book equipment in and out using electronic database.
- Packing / wrapping equipment in readiness for delivery back to customer.
- Moving equipment in stores.
- Producing high quality documentation in a timely manner.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines and maintaining a tidy environment.
To be suitable for this Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Stores person / Goods in role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with all logistics practices and handling methods.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel, familiar with database management and report generation.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and client
- Logical approach to problem solving, be self-confident and be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this Stock Co-ordinator / Logistics / Storesperson / Goods in role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or relevant qualifications in engineering.
- Full UK driving licence for – ideally clean.
- Experience of working for an Engineering, Manufacturing or Calibration company.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and or electrical measuring equipment.
- Previously experience of being employed in a logistics role for an engineering / manufacturing client.
Key words: Logistics, Goods in, Stores Co-ordinator, Stock Control, Storesperson, Administration, PC literate, MRP, Admin, Calibration, Metrology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Goods In / Out, Warehouse, Derby, Derbyshire
The successful Equipment Co-ordinator / Asset Logistics Operative / Stores person will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply please click on the apply now button if you meet the key requirements of Goods In / Storesperson role.