https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Storesperson required for a permanent role in the Stevenage / Hitchin, Hertfordshire area. Salary is £17,000 – £18,500 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) + excellent bents (see below) + occasional O/T. The successful candidate will be working circa 39 hours (Mon – Fri Days).
Applicants must be organised, have recent stock control / logistics experience preferably in the Manufacturing / Engineering sector, full UK driving licence, good communication skills (verbal and written), must be PC literate with recent experience of using stock control systems / software.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is £17,000 – £18,500 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 Days holiday plus Bank Hols.
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Occasional O/T
- Employee perks package
The successful Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Driver day to day duties will include:
- To book equipment in and out using electronic database.
- Packing / wrapping equipment in readiness for delivery back to customer.
- Moving equipment in stores.
- Producing high quality documentation in a timely manner.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines and maintaining a tidy environment.
To be suitable for this Engineering Stock Controller / Logistics / Goods in / Driver role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with all logistics practices and handling methods.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel, familiar with database management and report generation.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Logical approach to problem solving, be self-confident and be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Full UK driving licence (ideally clean).
To be more suitable for this Stock Co-ordinator / Logistics / Storesperson / Driver role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or relevant qualifications in engineering.
- Experience of working for an Engineering, Manufacturing or Calibration company.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and or electrical measuring equipment.
- Previously experience of being employed in a logistics role for an engineering / manufacturing client.
Key words: Logistics, Stores Co-ordinator, Stock Control, Storesperson, Administration, Driving, Delivery Driver, Materials Control, LGV, Full UK driving licence, PC literate, MRP, Goods In / Out, Warehouse, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, Calibration, Metrology, Stevenage, Hitchin, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
The successful Equipment Stores Co-ordinator / Logistics Operative / Driver will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply please click on the apply now button if you meet the key requirements of Goods In / Storesperson role.