We are looking for an Estimator to work on a permanent basis in the Warrington area.
The role is working in the nuclear industry, however, nuclear experience isn’t required. Our client is seeking someone who has expeirence of working in highly regulated industries; Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical etc.
Salary is c£45-50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Key responsibilities as an Estimator:
- Development of cost estimates across project lifecycle ) using methodologies and techniques such as level of effort, factored analogy, detailed take off or parametric modelling
- Liaison with multi disciplines to interpret and analyse data
- Project management skills in managing input from other depts.
- Negotiate with client and subcontractors with procurement support
- Historic cost analysis and norms development re LFE for future bids
- Develop project budgets
- Price large or complex project variations supplementing post contract commercial activities if departmental workload requires
- Contribute as a member of commercial services on departmental initiatives
- Technical/cost consultancy
- Sales support and customer care, new business development
- Analysis of sub contractor quotes against specifications.
- Manage safety by developing and reinforcing safety culture
Position of Senior Engineers within the organisation:
- Reporting to Estimating manager for functional responsibilities and Tenders manager in relation to main bids supported
- Working proactively in an integrated team developing tenders and supporting projects
- Reporting to Directors during internal reviews
- Supporting negotiation prices with clients and sub-contractors on contract values between £50k and £500,000k with delegated responsibility as appropriate
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes…
- Experience of estimating in a main contractor design & build environment
- Capable of working with minimal supervision to capture requirements and project deliverables from review of client specification
- Working knowledge of NEC suite of contracts with an appreciation of how their requirements impact upon the development and presentation of an estimate
- Experience in liaising with supply chain and analysing quotes in line with relevant specifications
- Ability to communicate at all levels within Company
- Experienced in management of information (using databases), estimating costs and project deliverables
- Full understanding of project lifecycle and design and construction process in relation to life cycle costing
- Prospective candidates may come from a QS or construction/technical engineering background
- Good understanding of risk analysis and Monte Carlo analysis and Microsoft Office
- PC literate in MS Office suite, including MS Project, intermediate and/or advanced excel skills level
- Demonstrate expertise in working to tight deadlines
- High level of commercial awareness
- Quality & service driven attitude
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in a construction/technical discipline, e.g. civil engineering, with professional experience gained in a relevant industry or similar qualification / experience in quantity surveying.
- Project/site management experience in civils/nuclear decommissioning/installation environment
- Quantity surveyor experience in a technical or construction environment
- SC or DV level clearance
- UK driving licence
If the Estimator role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!