http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Purchasing Expeditor – Runcorn – Permanent – Salary (Negotiable).
Working for a specialist manufacturing company based in Runcorn, you will be responsible for tracking all parts and service production schedules, tracking inventory accuracy and capacity, coordinates parts and service shipments and will interface with internal departments.
- Ensuring availability of material for production.
- Supporting management of vendor accounts.
- Assist or participate in quoting exercises for NPI.
- Analyse delivery performance data and devise improvement plans to achieve company goals with suppliers where required.
- Create and track purchase orders.
- Seek ways to reduce freight costs, packaging costs, inventory holding costs and internal material handling costs.
- Suggest improvements to scheduling & materials information flows.
- Participate in new inventory projects.
- Analyse material flow and volume.
- Interact with internal customers regarding shipments, schedule changes, shortages or other topics to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
Requirements for the role:
- Prior manufacturing/ factory experience involving materials, purchasing, planning or production preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of MRP/MPS/ ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
Salary – Negotiable
Full Time, Permanent
To apply for the role of Purchasing Expeditor please click apply now.