http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker with experience of fabricating and welding sub components out Stainless Steel and Aluminium is required ASAP for a permanent role in Knutsford / Warrington Area. This role attracts a salary of £20,000 – £24,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am – 4.30pm with possible overtime.
Job Purpose: To provide sub-components, fabricated frames and guarding for machines, working in accordance with detailed drawings and to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
The successful Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker day to day duties will include:
- Cut, form and drill sub-components up to inspection stage.
- Carry out dimensional inspection prior to welding.
- Carry out welding operation with allowances for distortion and shrinkage and consideration for final polishing operation.
- Undertake polishing and plasma cutting operations in a safe manner.
- Operate the guillotine, punch and press brake machines in a safe manner.
- Undertake internal inspection of all completed jobs prior to despatch to main site
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is completed promptly, accurately and is despatched with the finished components.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and store scrap material appropriately on a daily basis.
- Ensure that machines are left in a clean and safe condition
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with suppliers and colleagues in a professional, competent and courteous manner.
- Adhere to H&S policies/ procedures and carry out all activities in a safe and responsible manner.
To be suitable for this Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of fabricating and welding on stainless steel and aluminium.
- Be able to TIG & MIG weld to a good standard.
- Ideally will be time served / served apprenticeship in relevant engineering / sheet metal / fabrication environment.
- Relevant qualifications or training in Sheet Metal Fabrication / Welding.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and use dimensional measuring equipment to measure fabricated parts.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Previous experience of operating press brake, punch press and guillotine would be desirable.
Key Words: Fabricator, Welder, Sheet Metal Worker, Fabrication, TIG, MIG, Plasma, Polishing, Sheetmetal, Press Brake, Punch Press, Guillotine, Pressbrake, Stainless Steel, Manufacturing, Production, Assembly, Aluminium, Food, Pharmaceutical, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire.
The successful Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker will need to be flexible and be able to work overtime with little notice. Will have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.