https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Time – served Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker required ASAP for a permanent role in the Chester Area. This role attracts a salary of c£24,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits (see below). The basic working week is 36 hours (Mon – Thur days) and the working pattern is 7.00am – 4.30pm plus occasional overtime.
Salary & Benefits:-
- c£24,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Company Pension Scheme
Job Purpose: To assist in the manufacture of fabricating and welding steel frames, structures, sheet metal fabrication and other miscellaneous duties
The successful Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker day to day duties will include:
- Evaluate and interpret drawings, sketches and other data to be used in the preparation of the product to be manufactured, carrying out dimensional inspection prior to welding.
- Highlight and communicate any minor faults which may arise which may cause delay to production
- Ensure work is carried out to exact tolerances
- Ensure all operating conditions are correct before commencing manufacture
- Operate the band saw, guillotine, spot welder, punch and press brake machines in a safe manner.
- Undertake internal inspection of all completed jobs prior to despatch to main site
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is completed promptly, accurately and is despatched with the finished components.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and store scrap material appropriately on a daily basis.
- Ensure that machines are left in a clean and safe condition
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with suppliers and colleagues in a professional, competent and courteous manner.
- Adhere to H&S policies/ procedures and carry out all activities in a safe and responsible manner.
To be suitable for this Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of fabricating and welding on stainless steel and aluminium.
- Be able to TIG, MMA & MIG weld to a good standard, preferably previously coded.
- Ideally will be time served / served apprenticeship in relevant engineering / sheet metal / fabrication environment.
- Relevant qualifications or training in Sheet Metal Fabrication / Welding.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and use dimensional measuring equipment to measure fabricated parts.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Previous experience of operating press brake, punch press and guillotine would be desirable.
Key Words: Fabricator, Welder, Sheet Metal Worker, Fabrication, MIG, TIG, MMA, Stick, Plasma, Structural Steel, Sheetmetal, Press Brake, Punch Press, Guillotine, Pressbrake, Band Saw, Spot Welder, Manufacturing, Production, Building Materials, Chester, Cheshire.
The successful Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker will need to be flexible and be able to work overtime with little notice. Will have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.