Field / On-Site Service Calibration Engineer (Electronic / Electrical) qualified to HNC level as a minimum or higher (Essential) required immediately for a permanent position ideally based in NE London between Potters Bar and Romford (M25, J21a to J29) to cover London, the Home Counties region and occasionally further afield. Salary is £27,000 – £32,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications, training will be given) with company estate car and excellent benefits (see below). The Electronic On-Site / Field Repair Technician / Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37.5 hours + possible O/T based over the core business hours.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £27,000 – £32,000 pa (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- 32 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Good Company Pension
- Life assurance
- Dental and medical cover
- O/T: Mon – Fri O/T paid at 1.2x, Sat/Sun O/T paid at 1.5x
- Company car, laptop, mobile phone and expenses
The successful Field Service Electronic Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Working from home you will organise jobs and travel to various sites in Home Counties / NE London region to calibrate and repair (basic) electronic / audiometric equipment.
- Calibration, test and repair of specialist audiometric, acoustic, audio, vibration, electrical / electronic instruments used in the medical / health sector.
- On site Calibration working from schedules provided by the company sales and admin team advising customers and colleagues of issue that may arise during site visit.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Interpret and follow electronic circuit diagrams / schematics, technical procedures, manuals and processes to correctly use all diagnostic aids, tools and test rigs / equipment outlined.
- To be aware of and work within the procedures outlined in the company ISO 9001 quality system and UKAS accreditation
- Update and generation of calibration records.
- Liaise and provide technical support to customers.
To be suitable for this On-Site Electronic Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline.
- Calibrating electrical / electronic instruments, frequency, LF / RF/ DC equipment.
- Basic electronic debug skills including the use of debug equipment.
- Currently or recently worked in a Field Service / On-Site role
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure.
- Full UK driving licence, preferably with no endorsements (max 3 points)
The ideal Field Service Electronic Calibration Engineer will have:
- Experience of calibrating audiometric, acoustic, audio, vibration or medical instruments to UKAS or traceable standards.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Able to fault find down to component level.
- Through hole and surface mount soldering experience.
- Experience of working to Quality systems ISO 17025 / ISO 9001.
Key words: Electronics, Electrical, Calibration Engineer, Field Service Technician, On Site, Assembly, Fault Finding, Debug, Soldering, De-bug, Diagnostics, Test & Measurement, Test and Verification, ISO9000, ISO 17025, Quality Systems, UKAS, Electrical, Electronic, Inst rumentation, Audiometric, Acoustic, Audio, Vibration, Frequency, RF, LF, Engineering, Medical, Health Service, Travel, Enfield, Potters Bar, Harlow, London, Home Counties
The successful Electronic On-Site / Field Service Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there is likely to be some overtime, you will be required to stay away from home on occasions and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have standard level education, have the relevant qualifications and experience, possess good communicational and organisational skills, able to work under pressure, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in On-Site Electronic Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button or send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.