https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
On-Site Instrument Calibration Engineer / Field Service Technician (Dimensional / Pressure / Electrical) with experience of calibrating electrical measuring instrumentation is required immediately for a permanent position in the North West / West-Midlands area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Field Service Calibration Engineer will be working circa 39hours (Mon – Fri Days)
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Fully expensed company car.
- Company Pension.
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Possible O/T 1.5x M-F O/T & Sat Hrs, 2x Sun
- Laptop, company mobile.
The successful Onsite Instrument / Electronic / Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electronic / electrical / mechanical, temperature and pressure measuring instruments to in-house or traceable standards.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- Liaise and provide technical support to customers.
- Carry out risk assessments and follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Field Service Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience:
- Previous experience as a Field Service Calibration Engineer / Technician.
- Experience of electronic / electrical / mechanical, temperature and pressure measuring instruments to in-house or traceable standards
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work under pressure and with the minimum of supervision.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel
- Full UK driving licence (preferably clean, 3 points max)
The ideal Field Service Calibration Engineer will have:
- Ideally educated to HNC or HND in relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven customer facing / field service experience.
- Dimensional or physical calibration experience.
- UKAS qualified
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
Key Words: Instrument Calibration Engineer, Field Service, Pyrometry, On-site Calibration Technician, Dimensional, Temperature, Pressure, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Calibrate, Test Verification, Test & Measurement, Calibrating, Metrology, UKAS, North West, Midlands, West Midlands, M6, M6 Corridor
The successful On-Site Instrument Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Field Service Instrumentation Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.