http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As a Field Service Engineer you’ll be based in the North West, work across the UK and when required overseas on world leading manufactures Engines and related plant providing maintenance, trouble-shooting and fault rectification.
You’ll deliver an efficient and cost-effective service to customers, duties will include:
- Maximum availability of the engine and related balance of plant is achieved through fast response trouble shooting and fault rectification.
- Scheduled maintenance is carried out to
- Out of hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
- Oil samples are taken, labelled and despatched to the laboratory in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Parts are selected, ordered and used correctly, keeping wastage to an absolute minimum.
- Liaise and communicate with the Service Manager, customers and subcontractors on site is maintained at all times.
- Complete service reports and timesheets in accordance with agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Protect and develop the industry standing of the company
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, based on consistently professional dealings and attitude.
- Ensuring that company supplied equipment is well maintained and kept at a high standard of cleanliness.
- Maintaining tools in a good and safe working order and calibrated as required.
- Support the Service Manager by supervising and training Apprentices and new employees as required.
- Follow and adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and regulations at all times.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- High level of engineering skill and knowledge.
- Understanding of the company’s customers and markets.
- IT skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and also on your own.
Essential Professional Qualifications
- High level of engineering skill with service engineering experience.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Willing to travel extensively and work alone.
- Willing to work long and unsociable hours, and work away from home when required.
- NVQ or City & Guilds qualification.
Desirable Professional Qualifications
- Apprentice trained engineer
- Engine knowledge and experience
- Basic salary of £30,000 pa
- Overtime paid at x1.5 and x 2
- 20 Days holiday 8 bank holidays rising to 25 days (plus bank holidays) after 2 years
- Company van, phone and laptop
To apply for the role of Field Service Engineer please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.