https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working in partnership with a supplier of woodworking machinery. We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician to cover the whole of the UK and on occasion Europe and rest of the world, though overseas work is not regular (apart from Ireland).
We are looking for someone who …
* Has experience in the maintenance and servicing of woodworking machinery
* Has a good balance of mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge
* Is able to work under own initiative – but support is providedif required
* Is flexible and willing to work additional hours and travel depending on the customer requirements
* Has excellent personal presentation, as this role is client facing
The company provide a vehicle for business and private use, though for private use tax and private mileage is paid by the employee.
There will be times when an engineer could work 60+ hours and others when they could work 30 or less – this just depends on how the jobs come in.
The company rarely work weekends but there is odd occasions when this may be necessary, such a helping set up for exhibitions or travelling abroad, but in the main its pretty rare
They may decide in the future to introduce weekend work on a rotational basis should the business requirements change – this would not be without some form of compensation to the employee.
Any candidate should be willing to stay away from home for up to 4 nights a week (sometimes more – e.g. when working overseas)
They are happy for the engineers to travel to and from the place of work providing they arrive and leave customers at reasonable times, normally if travel is more than 2 hours they would expect the engineer to stay over in a hotel.
Hotels and other expenses are paid for by the company when working away from home except lunches.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.