https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Fire Inspector to work on a permanent basis across the UK. The role can be home based reporting into the Manchester office, as required.
Salary is up to £40,000 per annum (for a candidate with fire industry experience).
Salary from £25,000 per annum (for an inspector with no fire experience but previous building/construction experience)
Carry out passive fire inspections at both existing buildings and construction sites with precision to ensure that passive fire protection is installed in accordance with certified details and manufacturer’s instructions.
Work under the supervision of the project-manager, undertake site inspections, surveys and building audits relating to passive fire protection such as fire stopping, facades, fire doors, cavity barriers, ductwork, fire dampers and fire-resistant coatings.
Take a hands-on and proactive approach to identifying defects and other non-compliances, photographing and reporting these to the project manager.
Ensure the passive fire protection within buildings, is installed in accordance with certified details, fire test reports and manufacturers requirements.
Reporting and Client Management
Prepare inspection reports using bespoke clients report template, and inspection software (training provided). Make recommendations and propose remedial works with justification where appropriate.
- ONC, HNC or similar (Building Control or Fire Testing background an advantage)
- Ability to undertake site inspections, surveys, and building audits
- Experience of preparing inspection/ survey reports
- Strong understanding of passive fire protection, fire stopping, fire doors, compartmentation and facades etc with an eye for detail
- Experienced with Codes and Standards and interpreting manufacturers details relating to passive fire protection
- Proficient user of Microsoft software packages including word and excel would be an advantage
- Current Site Visitor CSCS is desirable
- Full driving license and own transport required
If the Fire Inspector role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!