http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Fitter/Installer to work on a long term contract in the Scunthorpe area. Ideally you will have previous steelworks experience.
Rate is £15 Ltd/Umbrella per hour (or PAYE Equivalent) plus Overtime.
Duties will include:
Lay out and fit metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of engineering requirements. Includes analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan operations where procedural information is unavailable.
- Diagnose & troubleshoot problems
- Read and understand equipment manuals
- Check own work
- Use measuring tools
- Work to plans and drawings
- Checking and adjusting parts
- Using measuring tools
- Handling and Moving Objects— Using hands and arms in handling cranes, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Controlling Machines and Processes— Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Getting Information— Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events— Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material— Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Good numeracy & literacy (English) skills
- Mechanical qualifications/Apprenticeship
- Appropriate vocational training (PASMA/IPAF ect)
- Tele Handler
- Oxy Propane Burner
- Good personal skills
- Able to maintain records
- Some electrical experience
- Mechanical— Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Design— Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Building and Construction— Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other structures
- Engineering and Technology— Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
Skills and Abilities:
- Equipment Selection— Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Equipment Maintenance— Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Repairing— Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Installation— Installing equipment, machines, to meet specifications
If the Fitter/Installer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!!