http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Geography/Surveying Graduate to work on an on going contract, with the possibility of going permanent in the Runcorn area.
The role is initially paid at minimum wage.
Working as a successful Assistant Surveyor, you will be doing document control and GIS (Geographic Information System) based survey preparation and analysis work out in the field, surveying and recording data of assets out on site. The willingness to be flexible and adaptable towards tasks, travel and working outside is vital to being successful.
Job Role & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Asset (field) data collection working as part of a team or lone working.
- Desktop data preparation for site surveys.
- Assist in the post processing of survey data.
- Desktop data quality and compliance checks.
- Upload of drawings and other data into a document management system.
- Use GPS data loggers and electromagnetic detection devices.
- General administration, document management and clerical tasks when required.
- Other duties and tasks when assigned.
Requirements & Experience:
- Display a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Possess a high level of professional integrity.
- Be self-motivated and disciplined (especially when working independently).
- Possess good attention to detail.
- Ideally experience working outdoors
- Good map reading skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
It would be an advantage if you have:
- Basic CAD skills.
- GIS experience (ESRI ArcGIS) preferred.
The client we are recruiting these Assistant Surveyor’s for is a multi-disciplined design, engineering, and construction consultancy providing services to clients throughout the UK. Working as one of the successful Assistant Surveyor’s, you will help deliver a variety of Data capture and post survey processing solution projects to a variety of established end-clients, with the outstanding potential for on-going continuity of work.
If the Surveying Geography/Surveying Graduate role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW.