https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Geotechnical Engineer to be based in Newcastle on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for delivering projects to a high standard, mentoring of junior staff, and supporting innovation and continuous development of the team and output. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: delivery of desk based ground engineering assessments, design and management of ground investigation and monitoring, interpretative reporting including derivation of geotechnical parameters, geotechnical design / analysis (slope stability, retaining walls, piling, settlement etc.), production of geotechnical design reports, and supervision and validation of construction works. Further tasks may include, mineral / geological interpretation, legacy mining assessment and remediation, waste assessment, hydrogeological field work, contract management, fulfilling of CDM designer and contractor roles. Periods of site work shall be required, typically within the north-east of England.
Skills / Experience required:
- BSc / BEng in related subject, MSc advantageous;
- Ground investigation, UK Specification and common contract knowledge advantageous;
- Design of geotechnical structures;
- Holebase (or other ground database) experience advantageous;
- CDM experience advantageous;
- Working towards chartership through a professional institution;
- Written report writing skills, and computer software skills;
- Full driving license.