https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this specialist manufacturing business you will be responsible for receiving purchased and customer free-issue goods into the company ensuring compliance with purchase order requirements, documentation is complete and correct, batch traceability of goods.
You will also be responsible for delivery / storage of goods to designated locations and developing the systems and people, to fully meet current and future quality standards and for its internal/external customers and suppliers to see staff as competent, helpful and efficient
- Receive purchased products, check and record all details as listed below.
- Check goods and documentation supplied are correct to purchase order requirements.
- Check deliveries are correct to documentation supplied and undamaged.
- Check shelf life on supplier’s documentation and goods to purchase order requirements.
- Raise GRN’s for each delivery, recording supplier’s release document number.
- Physically identify goods with a batch / serial number, ensuring full traceability.
- Deliver goods requiring inspection to the receiving inspection area.
- Deliver and store goods / consumables not requiring inspection in the stores.
- Deliver and store chemicals in the flammable store.
- Liaise with Quality / Purchasing Departments in identifying, recording and managing non-conforming goods.
- Liaise with Purchasing / Accounts Departments in resolving invoice queries.
- Cover holidays and break periods in Stores.
- Free periods to be spent supporting Stores.
- Possible interaction with other duties in the Stores areas.
- Fork lift truck work.
- Collection / delivery of Company supplied (free-issue) materials to Sub-Contractors
- Forklift truck licence holder / full driving licence.
- PC skills – Microsoft Office – MRP / ERP
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to work to a high standard of accuracy in a busy environment.
- Manufacturing make-to-order goods inwards receiving experience.
You will be required to spend time working on a computer. The job will also demand a great deal of the working day on your feet and also bending and lifting duties.
(Note:- In addition to these duties, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required)
A competitive salary is on offer along with as comprehensive list of benefits.
This is a full time, permanent role working afternoons, hours of work are;
15:15 – 23:30 Monday to Thursday
14:15 to 20:15 Friday
To apply for the role of Goods Inward Receiver / Stores Person please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.