https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Exciting opportunity for a Graduate / Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer, preferably with a Full UK DVLC is required for Temp to Perm position, predominately based in Wokingham / Farnborough, area (UK travel required). Salary is £20,000 to £27,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) + excellent benefits package (see below).
Applications also considered from aspiring Trainee IT Infrastructure Engineer’s, Graduate Calibre IT Apprentice’s / Server Project Support Technicians with some recent experience in IT Desktop Support (2nd level or higher) seeking long term career prospects, training development to progress into a position with more responsibility (server development / building of servers, projects, 3rd level support, managing duties etc.).
Salary & Benefits:
- £20,000 – £27,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Life assurance
- Employee perks package
- If required, transport can be provided when travelling to other sites in the UK.
Primary Purpose of Job: Reporting to the UK IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for third level support of the core network Infrastructure and security services in the UK.
The successful Graduate / Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer / Third Line IT Support Tech main duties include:
- Internal Network Support at all UK sites
- Strong understanding of server technology (SQL Server, Windows Server)
- Maintaining capacity management
- Management of 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Documentation – user guides/virtualisation/firewall/cloud services
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
- Travel to other UK sites where needed.
The ideal Graduate / Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer will have some the following experience / characteristics:
- Some experience in 2nd / 3rd line IT Helpdesk, ICT Support or Infrastucture Dept. (Desirable – 2 years+ exp.)
- Graduate Calibre / educated to HNC level in a relevant IT discipline (Desirable)
- Project experience of building, migrating and or integration of a company server systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge in most of the key areas below:
- Windows Server 2008R2 – 2016
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Hyper-V Environment administration
- VMware ESX experience
- Network Switch configuration (HP) – Basic Knowledge
- SonicWALL Firewall – Basic Knowledge
- Server Upgrades
- Server Build and setup (WDS)
- Office 365/Admin portal
- Veritas NetBackup (or similar)
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and contractors
- Infrastructure project work
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent telephone manner, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with all departments.
- Able to operate with urgency, multi-task, meet deadlines and targets as the role is results driven.
- Full UK driving licence (jobholder needs to willing and flexible to travel within the UK and overnight stays).
Key words: IT Support, Infrastructure Engineer, Project M Helpdesk, ICT Help Desk Analyst, First Line Support, Second Line Support, Third Line Support, I.T Technician, Hardware, Software, Network, Sever Migration / Integration, Server Projects / Builds / Upgrades, Service Desk, Technical Support, Support Analyst, Graduate Calibre, Yateley, Farnborough, Aldershot, Wokingham, Reading, Hampshire, Berks, Full UK Driving Licence, Travel, UK
The successful Graduate / Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer will need to be flexible as there is likely to be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description (where necessary training will be given). You will have the relevant experience, industry qualifications, be self-motivated, organised, able to communicate at all levels, adaptable and a team player.
If you are interested in Graduate / Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.