https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Graduate ~ Junior Manufacturing Engineer (Custom Engineered Products / Composites Materials) required for a global company in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester area. Salary is negotiable, plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working circa 38 hours / week (2 shift pattern: Mon – Fri 6am-2pm & 2-10pm). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Company pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
Job Objective: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the main objective of this role is to work to provide the best quality Custom Engineered Products, Converted Items and Services to our Customers and to achieve continuous improvement in all aspects of their delivery.
The successful Graduate / Junior Manufacturing Engineer / Process Improvement Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Manages New Custom Product Introduction productionisation including Work Instruction creation and sign-off
- Responsible to drive First Article Inspection process to conclusion
- Defines the most cost efficient Manufacturing Process by product group – utilising people, process and equipment
- Responsible for Engineering Drawing and Work Instruction updates including effective configuration management of manufacturing data
- Responsible for Continuous Process Improvement identification and implementation
- Champion Lean Manufacturing principles during production
- Lead Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation
- Responsible for process to deliver repeatable quality product
- Deputise for Production Shift Supervisors as required
- Responsible for creating training courses and delivery to personnel
- Institute good housekeeping / 6S Principles
- To work within business guidelines and procedures. Notify Manager of Safety Hazards.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
The ideal Graduate / Junior Manufacturing Engineer / Process Improvement Engineer (Composite Materials / Custom Products) role will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience within a busy Production environment (Essential)
- Previous Advanced Composites industry experience (Desirable)
- Qualified to Degree level in materials or engineering or related equivalent work experience. (Essential)
- Experience of working with Advanced Composites Materials & Processes (Desirable)
- Technical knowledge and practical skills for Autoclave processing and resin infusion (Desirable)
- Candidate must be able and willing to travel to visit and work with customers’ onsite. (Desirable)
- High standard of PC Literacy and excellent communicational skills – Oral, Reading & Writing. (Essential)
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process. (Essential)
- Able to use initiative, delegate and innovate to drive continual improvement. (Essential)
Key Words: Composites, Materials, Engineer, Technical, Specialist, Support, Service, Degree, BEng, HND, Graduate, Manufacturing, Production, Process Improvement, Composites Materials Engineer, Autoclave Processing, Resin Infusion, Vacuum Technology, Lean Manufacturing, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, Sheffield, Bolton
The successful Graduate / Junior Manufacturing Engineer / Process Improvement Engineer will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested Junior Manufacturing Engineer / Graduate Process Improvement Engineer (Composite Materials) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button